Was reading a few articles this morning, when I came across the concept of developing a signature style at the place of work.
I found it interesting and hence worthy of sharing with all of you.
Work-life can be humdrum most of the times. To regenerate that SPIRIT in working, we need to add a “Signature style at our places of work”- basically something that differentiates us from the other people doing the same thing.
Some very interesting examples I came through (shared by Barbara Glanz, a professional speaker);
One of the supermarket employees, Johnny- wanted to apply his sense of style while billing for his customers each day (to add joy and positivity). So, he would print the “thought of the day” on little cards, sign them with his name, and put one in each as he would bag the customers their groceries. A month later, there was a huge line at his counter! People wanted to billed by Johnny so they could get the thought of the day. They all loved it! Even other staff members begun doing their bit.
The staff was having fun, the customers were having fun, ultimately greatly uplifting the SPIRIT of the workplace.
One of the senior managers had a personal style to attach a soft tissue with the memo he knew his staff won’t like very much. I find it funny and thoughtful at the same time.
One of the pilots of the United Airlines would select random passengers on board and write them ‘thank you’ notes for flying with them.
Isn’t it all so warm and thoughtful. I am so motivated to develop a personal style of my own too!!
DO YOU HAVE ANY SUCH SIGNATURES YOU LIVE BY..? I would love to know!
Self image is a combination of how you present yourself and how others perceive you.
It includes your physical image as well as the past experiences that have shaped you to be the person you currently are.
It is dynamic, it changes as the objectives of your life change.
Fostering a positive self image is equally important as maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
A few simple steps to follow and you are on the right track:☺️
1. Focus on refining the positives– All of us have our shares of positives and negatives. It is important to refine and highlight the positive traits while working on the not so great ones.
2. Take time to do what you love– A peaceful, satisfied soul is far more effective than an unsatisfied one. Make sure to take that road trip you are planning for so long! 🚌 Little moments of detox/ clarity can help get back on track. Like they say, being yourself gives you the best kind of confidence!
3. Define the personal goals– A major part of the current self image is defined by the personal goals we set. Make sure to set reasonable and time bound personal objectives, so they are achievable and there is a constant motivation to work towards them- to develop the lifestyle we have been dreaming of.
4. Positive body image– Body image is an undeniable component of the self image! So, dress your part … wear what makes you feel good about yourself.
5. Give positive affirmations– Writing down things makes them solid. You feel confident realising your own worth. Make sure to write positive affirmations at least once a week or before sleep! ✍️
A positive self image can boost your emotional, mental and physical well being. It is the little steps towards a more confident life.💛❤️
Hope all of you are doing great and doing your share to keep yourself happy! 😀
Hello Spring, or should I say Summers (really hot in Delhi🥵)?!
I spent yesterday, running errands around the city, and I also completed 10,000 steps (little goals), BOOM!💥
Weekends are usually with friends, family or people around. But it is amazing to sometimes take a stroll around the city on your own. It is fun. I love observing people around me. It is liberating too. Basically I love my company.❤️ You will definitely have some incidents to bring back home- funny, strange or surprising- can’t say.😂
All of you should do this often too. I think you’ll enjoy it.
Parks; well they bring back so many fond memories from childhood- swings🌳, karate sessions🏃🏻♀️🏃🏻, flowers🌺, & the mosquitoes 🦟 (not to forget😢). And today, parks seem like a good place to burn those extra calories, or maybe just relax and take that fresh and brisk air in.
Here are a few observations that I made the past couple of months (when I actually had a routine 🤦🏻♀️), which I believe are highly relatable, real and maybe funny too.
It is pouring in Delhi finally! After bearing the intense heat for days, finally able to feel the cold breeze sweeping past my face. Ahh! What a feeling. Some calming songs, open window, watching the greens appear greener and work from home- hahahah- no excuse to not work. But at least now I get to… Continue reading It’s Pouring! 🙂
A happy Humpday to all of you working! 😀 Was reading a few articles this morning, when I came across the concept of developing a signature style at the place of work. I found it interesting and hence worthy of sharing with all of you. Work-life can be humdrum most of the times. To regenerate… Continue reading Signature style at the place of work!
Self image is a combination of how you present yourself and how others perceive you. It includes your physical image as well as the past experiences that have shaped you to be the person you currently are. It is dynamic, it changes as the objectives of your life change. Fostering a positive self image is… Continue reading Developing a positive Self Image! 💛🕊